The Bank of Ghana exercises overall supervisory and regulatory authority in all matters relating to banking and non-banking financial business with the purpose of achieving a sound, efficient banking system in the interest of depositors and other customers of these institutions and the economy as a whole.
The regulatory and legal framework within which banks, non-bank financial institutions as well as forex bureaus operate are
• Bank of Ghana Act 2002, Act 612
• Banking Act, 2004 (Act 673)
• Financial Institutions (Non-Bank) Law 1993, PNDC Law 328
• Companies Code Act 179, 1963
• Bank of Ghana Notices /Directives / Circulars / Regulations
The Bank of Ghana is therefore, charged with the responsibility of ensuring that the financial system is stable to ensure that it serves as facilitator for wealth creation, economic growth and development.
Kindly click on the document below to continue reading or to download the full document.