The AGI, formed in 1958, as the Federation of Ghana Industries is a non-profit, voluntary business association with more than 1500 members from the private and public sectors. Membership is open to all registered companies in Ghana that are engaged in industrial activity. AGI members are in manufacturing and Support Services Industries, such as Transport, Construction, Utilities, Information Technology (IT), and Telecommunication, Banking and Advertising.
The main objectives of AGI are:
• To provide a central organisation for the promotion of the interest of the industry in Ghana;
• To study, support or oppose legislative or other measures affecting industry in Ghana;
• To consider all questions connected with industries operating in Ghana, and to present the views and suggestions of industry to government.
• Deliver quality services to member companies, particularly small and medium scale enterprises to bring about improvement in their performance.
The Association of Ghana Industries offers the following services:
• Policy Advocacy and Advisory Services;
• Market Development/Market Clinic;
• Industrial Sub-contracting;
• Management Training;
• Business Development;
• Export Market Promotion;
• Information Gathering Analysis and Dissemination;
• Media Planning and Events Management;
The Council conducts the business of the Association while the day-to-day activities are handled by the
Secretariat under the direction of the Executive Director.
Kindly click on the document below to continue reading or to download the full document.